Senior Pastor - Ron Svendsen
"We are a church that stresses doctrinal purity and spiritual maturity. We hold to the central truths of the faith which were rediscovered during the Reformation: (1) The Bible is God's only Word to us today. (2) Salvation is only through Christ, who lived and died for us. (3) Salvation is by grace alone, not because of our will or our works. (4) Faith alone connects us to Christ for salvation. (5) Therefore, the glory only belongs to God! We seek to be a church communicating these truths in love and living them out through service to others. May we continue to proclaim and practice God's grace graciously." Ron Svendsen, Your Pastor.
Pastor Ron Svendsen received his Master of Divinity Degree from Westminster Seminary, in Philadelphia. He came to Valley Presbyterian Church in 1991 after serving as senior pastor at a church in New Jersey. Ron and his wife Gail have three children.
Our goal at Valley Presbyterian Church is to glorify the Living God by:
- Gathering for joyful participatory worship. . .
- Gathering for biblical teaching that relates to all of life. . .
- Being a community where friends are made and relationships grow. . .
- Being a community where spiritual gifts are discovered and used in people-centered ministries. . .
- Growing in our personal relationship with Jesus Christ so as to please Him in all of life. . .
- Growing in our part of His worldwide plan to draw all peoples to His covenantal love.
Ron offers a Basic Beliefs Class three times a year. During this ten-week course we will try to answer some of the most important questions of life: Who is God? How can I get to know Him? What does the Bible say about living in our time? It also will inform you as to what we believe at VPC and encourage you to take the next step in your spiritual life. Attending the class does not in any way obligate you to join the church, though it is necessary to complete this series to become a member of VPC. But feel free just to come and check us out! Call the church office for details on when the next Basic Beliefs Class begins. Click here to review the syllabus, or contact Pastor Ron or the church office form more information regarding the next class.