See also K-6th grade school
- Infant Care Elementary School
- Pre-School Full-Day Care
- Pre-Kindergarten Kindergarten
Goals: Our goal is to expose children to a wide
variety of experiences, geared to their level to give them . . .
- 1. A well-built foundation of ideas, experiences and goals.
- 2. A love of learning, free inquiry, and devotion to God.
- 3. Development in all areas (intellectual, aesthetic, physical, emotional,
social and spiritual) to each child's own fullest potential.
Valley Presbyterian Pre-School endeavors to emphasize and assist the child
and his parents in developing a sense of truth, love and appreciation of God's
plan in the child's relationship with his parents, other children, Church and
school. The Bible is the source of our Spiritual Education. "Thy Word is
a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105.
Each classroom has planned activities geared to the interest level of that
particular age group. There will be learning in the cognitive areas of reading
readiness, science, and number concepts.
Director: Cathie Corder has been the director
of Valley Presbyterian Pre-School for more than twenty years.
Facilities: Our preschool is privileged to utilize the facilities
of Brewer Hall and the adjoining play areas. Our facilities have been specifically
adapted and planned with the young child's balanced development in mind. The
classrooms are spacious, colorful and modern. The preschool rooms are arranged
with various interest centershousekeeping, building blocks, science, library
and art activities, cognitive center with games, puzzles, etc. Activities will
also be planned to help the child in motor development.
- INFANT CARE CENTERInfants and toddlers, 3 months to 2 years of age.
- PRE-SCHOOLChildren 2 to 5 years of age.
- ELEMENTARYKindergarten children must be 4 years and 9 months of age
in September of the school year.
- ALL CHILDREN MUST HAVE:
- A report of good health from a licensed physician
- Proof of immunization for tetanus, diphtheria, mumps, whooping cough,
polio and measles
- A TB Test
- Complete identification
- Emergency in formation
- A signed school contract
- The registration fee and first month's tuition paid by the first
- The school reserves the right to refuse admission to any children who will
have an adverse effect upon other children, either through potential contamination,
direct behavior, or by requiring unusual amounts of staff time.
- Valley Presbyterian School does not discriminate against any applicant on
the basis of race or ethnic origin.
- School is open Monday through Friday, except on specified holidays.
- Pre-School, Kindergarten and Elementary programs: 8:30 A.M. 2:45
- Extended Day Care: 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Cathie Corder has been the director of Valley Presbyterian Pre-School for
more than twenty years..