Fellowship Groups & Bible Studies
Contact Pastor Jason Petterson for details
FELLOWSHIP GROUPS - 1ST & 3RD SUNDAYS OF THE MONTH - Click here for schedule
Valley Presbyterian Church firmly believes the that small home-based fellowship groups should be used to promote, leadership development, fellowship, prayer, encouragement, discipleship, accountability, and evangelism. A number of home fellowship groups are currently meeting in homes. Please contact the church office for more information. A number of home fellowship groups are currently meeting in homes. Please contact the church office for information. Small Group meets on the 1st, 3rd, and 5th Sundays of each month:
Vision for Fellowship Groups
Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how we may spur one another on towards love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another--and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:23-25
- To encourage the study and understanding of God's Word.
- To encourage the application of God's Word to our
- Acts 17:11 Now the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.
- Ps 1:2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night. 3 He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers.
- To raise up leaders for the Lord's work
- To help parents develop as spiritual leaders in their
- 2 Tim. 2:2 And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable men who will also be qualified to teach others.
Fellowship and Prayer
- To provide an opportunity for true Christian fellowship.
- To pray for each other, and to meet each others needs.
- Acts 2:46 Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, 47 praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.
- 1 Thess 3: 12 May the Lord make your love increase and overflow for each other and for everyone else, just as ours does for you.
- 1 John 3:18 Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.
- Romans 12:15 Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn.
Encouragement of one another
- To encourage one another in our Christian walk.
- To assist those who are hurting.
- To keep our focus on the Lord.
- Romans 15:1We who are strong ought to bear with the failings of the weak and not to please ourselves. 2 Each of us should please his neighbor for his good, to build him up.
- 1 Thess 9 For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ. 10 He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him. 11 Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.
- 1Sa 23:16 And Saul's son Jonathan went to David at Horesh and helped him to find strength in God. 3 Strengthen the feeble hands, steady the knees that give way;
- Isa 35: 4 say to those with fearful hearts, "Be strong, do not fear; your God will come, he will come with vengeance; with divine retribution he will come to save you."
- To hold each other accountable before the Lord.
- To carry one another's burdens.
- Prov. 27:17 As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.
- Gal 6:1 Brothers, if someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently. But watch yourself, or you also may be tempted. 2* Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfil the law of Christ.
Discipleship & Evangelism
- To disciple one another.
- To help fulfill the great commission through discipleship
- Mt 28:18* Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19* Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20* and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
- To multiply the ministry so that more and more may benefit.